Well I had a productive weekend.
- Set up a Twilio account and was able to call myself from C#. Mad props to the Twilio team for creating the best documentation I’ve ever seen. I had this up and running in under 10 minutes.
- Read the entire TopShelf documentation and wrote a reference service implementation including Log4Net logging.
- Installed Ubuntu on my laptop.
- Almost got my reference service running under
mono-service. It turns out TopShelf doesn’t actually run in Mono, even though the website says it does. I was able to eliminate every error message by recompiling against CIL-compliant DLLs, but now it just exits immediately. I think I might need to just write a command line app and daemonize it.
- Cleaned all the dead stuff out of my garden.
- Watered all my flower beds.
- Bought a kayak. This is going out next weekend!
- Practiced my overhead squat.
- Visited my grandparents.
- Ran 3.5 miles.
- Made some delicious hummus.